Thursday, July 8, 2010

It seems that Monday decided to sneak up on me during the middle of the week.





Sneaky sneaky Monday. We didn't have work on Monday, so it's not surprising that I'd end up having something a little bit crummy happen later on in the week. When my mentor told me what I was going to do this morning, he said, "Normally, it would take me to 3pm, but you always seem to have a hard time with stuff so it'll probably take longer." Ouch, Dr. Wen. Well, determined to do awesome, I dived right into the basic microbiology lab technique of digesting DNA and running a gel.



Whadaya know, I make a ridiculous mistake (I tried made a gel out of something non-gel related). I felt pretty awful, and told him I would stay later tonight to try and fix it. So I ended up missing lunch and dinner hours for the dining hall, but fortunately, there's a Chipotle nearby. I think they need to have more Chipotle restaurants in NC.



Well, after getting over that, I feel accomplished that I made it through the day relatively unscathed (ya know, except for a little bit of UV radiation from cutting up gels O__o ).



------



I did not mention before, but I thought I should brag that I got to play with liquid nitrogen yesterday. It was cold, it was hard to see in the box, but it was sure fun to throw things in. Siiiizzzzllleeee.

2 comments: