Monday, July 26, 2010

Sixteen Days



It's really strange. I thought this summer would never end, but I'm down to the last 2.5 weeks of lab work before it's all over and I have to head home for good. It's been so long, I think I've forgotten what home feels like. I miss everyone, but I don't miss the humidity and crummy weather.

There's a whole lot of new things coming up this semester. I'm going to be a junior. I'm going to be living in an apartment with some pretty great people. I'm going to be a TA for plant biology. I'm going to have a car. And, at some point, I'm going to hopefully get some sort of job. I wonder if Abercrombie and Fitch still wants me to work for them.

I think my project is going to be left fairly incomplete this summer. I don't think that there's too much of a possibility of getting the rest of this done in such a short time. My reactions just won't work. See this picture?

See the two things that say "Mismatch"? Well, that's what keeps happening with my reactions instead of the "desired recombinant plasmid." It's also a pretty long process going back and repeating the whole process all over again. Of the 3 separate things we've tried to insert, only 1 has worked and the other two have been mismatched. There's not a whole lot you can do about it. But you know, that's how research goes, I suppose.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment